Not sure what to give that special lady doctor in your life? Whether she is your wife, your sister, your friend or your favorite doctor, we’ve got you covered with recommendations that are sure to delight her. We made a list and checked it twice (by polling members of our private Women in White Coats facebook group ) to make sure we got it right.
So without further ado here’s our list of recommended gifts. To make shopping easy we have included links for you to purchase these gifts. (And FYI, Women in White Coats is an Amazon affiliate so we do earn a few cents for sharing some of these recommendations.)
Eight Gift Recommendations for Women Doctors
1. Spa Gift Cards – You know she has a stressful job and a busy life. And most doctors do not get enough time to decompress nor do they take time for self care, so giving her a spa day would really fill her cup and make her extremely grateful to you.
2. Luxurious moisturizers – Washing our hands so many times a day leaves us with really dry and sometimes even chapped skin. Give her the gift of moisturized skin and some relaxing aromatherapy all at once with some scented lotions. One of our favorite moisturizing brands is Life Therapy. The scents are fantastic and put you in a good mood). The products are vegan, animal cruelty free and also free of parabens and other harmful chemicals. Our friends at Life Therapy have even given us a 5% discount to share with you. Simply click here and the discount will be applied at checkout.
3. Tote Bag or Purses – You can’t really go wrong getting a woman a nice purse. We love this Michael Kors tote bag in particular because not only is it a stylish purse but it is also a great professional looking bag for a woman doctor to take to work. It has lots of interior pockets and plenty of space for her stethescope and other tools of the trade. Plus it comes in a variety of colors so you can pick out her favorite color.
4. Sweaters – It’s sweater weather for most of the country and nothing feels better than a soft and snuggly sweater to lounge in at home when the temperatures drop. Here’s a cozy cardigan that we love by Ugg that comes in a few different colors.
5. Jewelry – What woman doesn’t love jewelry? A necklace, bracelet or earrings could be the perfect accent for her outfit. A few suggestions for you – some gorgeous earrings and a bracelet by Kate Spade. And also some lovely bracelets by Alex and Ani.
6. Movie Tickets – There is nothing like a good movie to get away from it all. Movie tickets would make a great gift for a fun weekend outing to catch a flick at the theater.
7. Over-sized Scarf – A trendy scarf will not only get a ton of use but can also make a winter outfit pop. We love this over-sized scarf/shawl by Loritta which comes in a variety of colors, is soft, durable, warm and very reasonably priced.
8. A good book – Even after reading dozens of books during medical school and training, most doctors do still love reading a good book in their down time. Check out this list of 12 books we think women doctors would love reading.
Archana Shrestha, MD is a practicing emergency physician in Chicago. She is coauthor of “The Chronicles of Women in White Coats” and Cofounder of WomenInWhiteCoats.com. She is also an online health and fitness coach. Her healthy living lifestyle blog can be found at MightyMomMD.com and she can be followed on Instagram @MightyMomMD
To hang out more with amazing women doctors like Dr. Archana Shrestha, check out the Women in White Coats Doctors’ Lounge, our virtual doctors’ lounge created just for women doctors. It’s an exclusive membership area meant to empower and support women doctors throughout your career. Inside our Doctors Lounge you will gain access to webinars from experts on topics relevant to women physicians, discounts on our online CME courses and special invitations to member-only events. To become a member or join the wait list click here.